There will be many updates in the 2020 NEC. Get ready for change!
Here are a few highlights:
- New requirements bringing clarity to reconditioned electrical equipment.
- Renaming Ampacity Table 310.16, formerly 310.15(B)(16), resulting from the restructuring of Article 310 and pushing all of the medium voltage requirements into a new Article 311.
- New rules on AFCI protection and receptacle replacements.
- Revised code language on receptacles installed adjacent to the shower or bathtub.
- A new Part 16 in Article 410 that will cover horticultural lighting for grow operations.
- Look for many changes in Article 690 for PV systems and 705 for revisions to the interconnection rules.
- Power Over Ethernet (POE), an always changing concept.
- And much, much more!