There is many updates in the 2017 NEC. Get ready for change!
Here are a few highlights:
- Lots of new guidelines on field evaluated electrical equipment
- More documentation required on the Available Fault Current
- Additional marking requirements for non-dwelling unit service equipment rated 1200+ amps
- Changes with GFCI protection requirements
- New rules on performance testing GFPE in the field
- New derating requirements for wiring methods above rooftops
- Revised rules on the corrected ampacity of SE cables in contact with thermal insulation
- Watch for new rules on “extra duty” outlet box hoods
- Changes in low voltage lighting requirements
- New rules on GFCI protection for specific appliances
- And much, much more!